|clockwise from bottom left: Herbed Crème of Celery Soup, Parmazan Zucchini Boat with Neat Bruschetta, Arugula Kale Salad with Sweet Tart Banana Vinaigrette, Vanilla Iced Banana Splits, Savory Garlic Cheez Pate with Sweet Crackers |
I went home and prepared all of the dishes from the September prep class at the Go Raw Cafe. The family enjoyed everything but they REALLY approved of the Banana Vinaigrette, and they went crazy over the Vanilla Iced Banana Splits, which were made with a coconut and cashew iced crème base, and toppings made with real fruit, raw cacao, and a coconut whipped crème. We had the dessert after a salad one evening, and had the leftovers for breakfast several days later. Banana splits for breakfast, YUM!
|The Vanilla Iced Banana Splits went well with algebra homework|
Arugula Kale Salad with Sweet Tart Banana Vinaigrette by Chef Areeya
- 8 oz. arugula
- 15 oz. chopped kale, massaged
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced small
- 2 small ripe bananas with small brown spots, (add more to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos (more to taste)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. ground vanilla bean
- sea salt
- fresh black pepper
- To massage kale, pick it up by the handfuls and squeeze it gently using the pads of your fingertips, letting it drop as you squeeze. Repeat until it is reduced in volume and has a somewhat wilted appearance. Toss salad ingredients together and set aside.
- Blend dressing ingredients until smooth. A high-speed blender is recommended. Taste and adjust for a balance of banana flavor with the salty/savory flavor of the Liquid Aminos.